GNRL Oil & Gas Limited (formerly Heramec Limited and a subsidiary of Gujarat Natural Resources Limited) has announced a new oil discovery in Mehsana formation in the newly drilled well North Dholasan-1A in the Dholasan field, onshore India
Presently, the well is under production testing to determine whether the discovery is of potential commercial interest.
GNRL 0il & Gas Limited holds 30 per cent participating interest and is the operator for Dholasan field where two new wells North Dholasan-1A and South Dholasan-1A have been drilled. Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation Limited (GSPC) holds the remaining 70 per cent participating interest in the field.
Apart from Dholasan, GNRL Oil & Gas also holds 30 per cent interest in five other blocks in Gujarat. The firm is operator in three of these blocks — Kanawara, North Kathana and Allora — and has non-operating stakes in the North Balol and Unawa blocks.
The Dholasan Block is located onshore within the Cambay Basin north of the Nandasan and Lynch Fields. It covers 8.7 square kilometres and two discoveries were made on the block in February 1984 by ONGC through the drilling of South Dholasan-1 and North Dholasan-1 wells.