A joint venture (JV) of Air Products and ACWA Holding has secured a contract from Saudi Aramco to construct, own and operate an industrial gas complex in Saudi Arabia.
The facility, which is claimed to be the world’s largest industrial gas complex, will supply 75,000 tonnes per day of oxygen and nitrogen to Saudi Aramco refinery in Jazan for 20 years.
Air Products will design and construct gas complex using its technology.
The company will own a 25% stake in the facility, while ACWA Holding will hold the remaining 75%.
Air Products chairman, president and chief executive officer Seifi Ghasemi said: “We are very pleased that Saudi Aramco trusts Air Products and our partner ACWA Holding to economically and reliably supply the critical gases needed for its refinery in Jazan.
“This award also demonstrates the value of our outstanding relationship with our partner in ACWA Holding, who has worked so closely with us to develop this great project.”
Air Products has provided atmospheric, process and specialty gases, and associated equipment to manufacturing markets including refining and petrochemical, and natural gas liquefaction.