Pioneer Energy, Inc. have completed a successful field trial of their new Emission Control Treater (ECT) technology. Pioneer partnered with Bayswater Exploration & Production, a Colorado-based oil producer, to deploy and operate the ECT on one of their production locations in Weld County, CO. The pilot demonstrated nearly complete elimination of well pad emissions with autonomous and reliable operations, and an 11.3% increase in crude yield.
oil production equipment
The Emission Control Treater pilot validated key aspects of the technology:
- Processed oil production from wellhead fluid to sales on an operating well pad
- Demonstrated reliable, autonomous operation of the system
- Eliminated virtually all well pad processing system emissions
- Increased crude oil volume produced by 11.3%
- Consistently produced high quality, marketable, stabilized crude oil and natural gas
- Pioneer Energy expects to commence commercial production of ECT systems in 2024.
- “The Pioneer and Bayswater teams worked seamlessly together to deploy and operate this new technology, helping to demonstrate
- its true potential for oilfield decarbonization. We greatly appreciate Bayswater’s technical and thought leadership for being the first to adopt this revolutionary technology. We believe that the ECT represents a step change improvement in oil field technology that is not just better for the bottom line but is also better for the environment,” said Pioneer Energy CEO, Eyal Aronoff.